Upstate NY Babies

appt update

omg it took forever!

1 st we have to go to one bldg for his mri disk, then we had to find the other bldg, we go to the 2nd floor where the neurology center is but they don't have us as having an appt, they send us to the basement floor to the clinic. but you need to sign in and get your ppw at the admissions desk on the 1st floor first. still no one can find his appt. we get his ppw and go back up to the clinic- which btw is the neuro/obgyn clinic talk about a weird combo? must be b/c of all the construction. anyways they still can't find his appt, till the one nurse walks buy and says oh yeah i talked to the nurse at your primary but she never called to confirm that you were taking the appt. the nurse left me a message that she was booking the appt for us! i was this closed to whipping my phone out and playing the message for her!

now we've been running around buff general for over and hour so we get to sit for almost two!

finally we get to see the doc and he gives DH the once over, push this pull that, the same tests to measure the weakness in his arms/legs, he talks to us for a bit and tells us there's no MS- great news, but the herniated disk is probably causing him the trouble, pushing on his spinal cord. maybe surgery. he's going to consult with the other doc and be back.

45 min later both come back, more talking, pushing, pulling. again MRI looks fine as far as his brain goes, absolutely no MS. the disk is the problem, but no surgery, maybe if it get's worse. right now his weakness is very slight, he does't drag his leg or anything and he is still very strong. as far as his speech it could be due to anxiety!

then the doc said the most amazing thing,  EXERCISE! it was like he was reading my mind! he told DH he has to put in 20 min 5 times a week, and work up a sweat! i've been telling him this for months!! he told DH it will help reduce his stress.

granted DH has been eating better and, with the help of the HBP pills, has lost 25 lbs since mid feb, he has yet to get his butt off the couch. i feel so vindicated!

DH was very happy when we left (4 hours later!). he seemed to understand what the doc's said and agreed with them. 

thanks for all the good thoughts girls i really really appreciate it!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml