Upstate NY Babies

Stuffed animals with hard noses

Great title huh?

So I'm sure you all remember my posting the picture of how I freeze dd's lovey and then wash it monthly.  If you don't, it is basically just a stuffed dog that bc it is approved by some allergy and asthma association it has weird washing instructions.

DD sucks/bites on the dog's whole snout as she goes to bed.  Lovely, but whatever since we have 2 and I rotate them and wash them frequently.  Only last night I notice BOTH have been kinda chewed thru the top of the nose.  I am nervous she might get the rest of the nose chewed off and then choke on it without me knowing.  It is not hanging by a thread or anything, but it is a big change from last month since I did not notice it last month.

What should I do?  I don't see it sold on amazon anymore.  The original was a gift, but then I bought the back up which was like $20.  That's too pricey anyway to keep buying.

Preemptively cut out the nose and somehow sew the nose area shut?  I think dd will hate it though bc clearly she likes the hard nose in her mouth.  I can't just have the nose re-sewed in since her teeth have literally worn away the fabric there.

Should I just toss them and find a new lovey with no hard pieces?  Has anyone had to force-replace a lovey on their kid at this age?  I feel bad bc it is the only thing she shows lasting affection for (besides a quick hug or kiss).