Upstate NY Babies

Sad story about my brand new purse!

I never buy myself anything new, I have needed a new purse for a while.  To the point where my DH actually tried to buy me one for X-mas.  I finally got one, filled it with my stuff this morning.  I put it next to the garage door as I was trying to get the kids in the car for school.  They both headed into the garage as I ran back into the house to grab something.  When I return to the garage I hear something scuffing against the concrete floor.  I walk around the car to see them running around with my BRAND NEW PURSE, dragging it through the water against the door (driveway wasn't paved properly) then across the dry concrete making wet, drag marks!  It was soaked through with grimey, oily, salty water.  Crying  I have tried washing it, treating it, washing it again and it still hasn't really come clean.  I will have to see how bad it really is when it dries.  That will be the last time I buy myself anything new for a while. 

Ty felt terrible when he realized what it was he was dragging.  I think Bri picked it up on her way into the garage and dragged it through the water first without realizing is (she loves purses).  Then Ty saw she was dragging something that was marking the floor and joined in without thinking.  I saw what they were doing, grabbed my purse and said "That is Mommy's new purse!"  He broke out in tears screaming that we needed to go get Mommy a new purse!  When he got home from school, he told me he made a poor choice and that he was sad he ruined my purse Huh?