Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

S/O Cell Phones

**I mean no disrespect to pitterpatter, it just reminded me of something I was thinking.

So in my house, we got rid of our landline. We only have our cells now because we never used the other anyway. However, I was just thinking the other day, I never talk to my FIL on the phone. In fact, I don't even have his number. Once in a while MIL calls me, but not very often. They call on DHs phone.  A lot of the time when I hear it ring I say, hey your phone's ringing, but I don't answer it.  I could if I wanted to, but same with a text message, you know? I tell him it came in but I never check it.  I don't think there's anything wrong with checking your spouses phone. I think you have every right to look at text messages if you want you or see who they've been talking to.  Now, I don't usually find time or desire to do it, but I think it should be okay at any time. Back in the "old days" when we shared a phone and we didn't text there wasn't an option of this type of privacy, so why should there be now? I think the loss of the landline/invention of cell phones has had some very negative effects on society.  And I think if I did check DHs phone, and he got all weird about it, it might cause some concern for me.