Single Parents

Living with an Addict....

I posted this on the 3-6 month board a while ago and I wont go into all the detail but I was wondering if any of you had an alcoholic/drug addicted SO. I am currently in a relationship with one. He is addicted to pain pills. He is not abusive at all. We actually get along great (when I lie to myself and try to ignore the addiction). But I am completely over the drugs and the lies and the broken promises and I cant ignore it now that we have a baby together (I found out about his addiction while I was pregnant). I have begged him to go to rehab for the sake of our family, especially our LO, he is my main concern and I dont want him to grow up with a drug addict father but I dont want him to grow up without his father either. I know that my SO will die if he continues at the rate he is going and I dont want that for my LO either.

How did you find the strength to get out of the relationship? I want him to go to rehab so bad but I know he will never change until I make him leave....so then why cant I just DO IT!!??

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml