Special Needs
Options

Excess Fluid in Lungs and Brain, Plus a ? about Care Package

Our good friends found out at 33 weeks that their LO had excess fluid in his lungs and fluid on his brain and the cause wasn't known.  They were scheduled for induction at 36 weeks but on Saturday at 34 weeks she spontaneously went into labor.  They don't have any answers yet about anything and the parents know no one who has gone through anything like this, I was hoping to be able to send them to this board if there is anyone else who went through something similar.

Also: 

I'm not sure how long he will be in the hospital but I'm guessing it's going to be a little while and I want to do something for the parents.  I was thinking of putting together a package with easy to grab foods (granola bars, cheese and crackers, trail-mix, etc) to stick in a purse or bag for the hospital.  I thought I'd also stick some things like gum and mints, a little notebook and pen but I'm stuck there.  I was just trying to think of things that would be useful for them, does anyone have any suggestions?  Does this even sound like a good idea or would something else be better?

TIA - I really appreciate you help!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml