Cloth Diapering

Writing up CD Washing instructions!

I DOUBT anyone but me will really ever be washing, but since I'm due to have twins in the next 7 weeks I thought I would post something in our laundry room JUST INCASE I end up in the hospital or something and I don't want someone with good intentions coming in and washing and possibily ruining my diapers!  Here's what I wrote, any feedback would be apprecaited!  Thanks ladies.

Washing Cloth Diapers

1.  Dump all liners, wipes, & shells (covers) into the washing machine

2.  Turn pail liner (bag) inside out and throw in washing machine

3.  Max water level ? WARM ? do a prewash cycle NO DETERGENT

4.  Max water level ? COLD ? do a full wash cycle with 2 level TBSP of Rockin? Green Detergent

5.  Max water level ? HOT ? do a full wash cycle NO DETERGENT

6.  Remove shells (covers) and pail liner (bag) and hang dry over shower curtain rod (a few hours later turn pail liner inside out so both sides dry thoroughly)

7.  Remove liners and cloth wipes and dry on medium heat in dryer.  You may use dryer balls but NO DRYER SHEETS

*NEVER use bleach!  It weakens the waterproof-ness of the PUL and can irritate baby

**Only use detergent that is free of fresheners, whiteners and softeners (such as Rockin? Green), since these things could irritate baby

***Do not use fabric softeners or dryer sheets; this decreases absorbency.

****The more water used during each step, the better!!

Liners = inserts   

Shells = diaper covers                

Pail Liner = bag

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic