Upstate NY Babies

I totally lost my sh!t today..

My mom got Eve the FP Loving Family Dollhouse for her birthday and gave it to her last night after the party.. DH took it to open it and put it together right away.. and its broken.. Cracked all the way across the front of it and I noticed today when I went to return it that one of the hinges on the side piece is also cracked. I was bummed.. but I figured no big deal..I'll just take it back to the FP store where my mom bought it.. and they'll exchange it.. My mom does not save receipts but i didn't think it was a big deal since it was defective and it said FP toy store right on a sticker on the box..

Well I was wrong.. Apparently FP ToyStore will not take anything back without a receipt.. I have NEVER heard of a store that won't take back defective merchandise.. The first words out of the ladys mouth was "DId you call customer relations?" umm. NO.. I didn't. why the heck would I when I could just take it back? I argued with her for a minute but was getting nowhere.. so she brought me over to their in house phones and told me to call customer relations from there.. While I was on hold for them I totally lost it.. I was crying and crying about this.. I have no idea why.. Eve really didn't care at all.. she asked about her dollhouse a couple times, but I guess since she didnt' ever get to play with it, she wasn't attached.. I was just so frustrated.. but its so embarrassing when I can't keep my *** together! So I was crying on the phone with my mom, crying on the phone with the customer service lady.. Heck, I'm still crying..  I am a mess.

Long story short. The lady from customer service was much nicer than the toy store lady.They told me to leave the dollhouse right at the FP store and they will mail me a new one. The lady said it should get here quick since its coming from right in town.. She did offer to just send me a refund and I could buy a new one right at the store but THE STORE DIDN'T HAVE any in stock.  So that makes me a little nervous that its not going to get here quickly if they don't have any in stock to give to their own store, how are they gonna send me one, but whatever..  She said it was a good possibility I will have it by Thursday (Eve's birthday). So I Hope it really works out.. because most of Eve's birthday gifts from us are furniture for her dollhouse that she now doesn't have. 

Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
imagebabies
baby growth