Upstate NY Babies

Birth "plan" decision (ramble)

After being transverse for 10 weeks, Baby B (Natalie) decided she wants to be head down like her brother. I had mentally prepared myself for a c-section and my Dr even scheduled it. My old practice had lots of "crunchy" natural doctors who were anti c-section/anti induction etc. Thus resulting in a 31 hour labor with 3 hours of pushing being thiiiiis close to an emergency c-section with Justin.

My new Dr has always told me that if both babies are head down we could discuss a vaginal delivery but I am so scared of the "double whammy" of a long labor and then a c-section b/c of the high risk of twins. There's so much that can happen with positions changing, heart rates, placement of 2 cords, delivery in an operating room- I feel like I would be a nervous wreck. I confessed to her that although I'm scared of the recovery, I like the planned, controlled idea of the c-section. She told me she understands and will let me think about a plan. We're meeting Wednesday to talk about it.

I guess what I'm asking is; if you were in my position, what would you see as the pros and cons? I think only other moms/women can give input- I keep asking DH and he's like "it's your body sweetie, you're the one that has to deliver them so it's your call". ugh. no help.

imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers