Cloth Diapering

New to CDing with a Detergent Question

Hi ladies, I just put my 2 week old son in prefolds for the first time the other day.  Turns out the size I got was too big and I ended up having to order the next size down from my local CD store.  When I took off the diapers, he would have redness on his skin that was covered by the prefolds.  I thought it was due to them being too big and making him hot, but when I talked to the owner of the CD store, she insisted it was most likely from the detergent I prepped them in - Charlie's Soap.

So my question is, does anyone know of a detergent that is CD-safe and generally mild on baby's skin?  I have Charlie's Soap (which I won't use again), Ecover, Borax, and Thirsties Detergent which is due to arrive with my smaller prefolds today.  I've considered making the detergent found on the Eco-Friendly Family blog.  I've checked out the detergent charts in the FAQ but they don't seem to address skin-sensitivities.  I would continue with the Thirsties detergent but it seems kind of expensive compared to alternatives, and I don't want to have to pay the high price every time I need new detergent. I would really appreciate any advice anyone has.  TIA!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml