Cloth Diapering

Meant to be! And a question (at the bottom)!

I decided to go ahead and purchase some diapers from cottonbabies - I got 2 XS and 2 S BG bamboo fitteds, 2 size small BG AIOs (great price!), and 10 BG newborn insert/doublers for $0.75 each (I have about 10 used BG OS 3.0s - and only got 3 of the newborn insert and 18 of the large onesize inserts (don't ask!). 

I decided to not buy the newborn AIO because they weren't on sale, and I knew they aren't discontinuing them (I don't think).  But a bit later I went on spots corner and found 3 seconds BG AIO XS prepped, but never used for $5 each! So I gobbled them up!  Its like it was meant to be!

So super excited for these and my Starbunz bear cloth diaper cover (hubby calls baby to be his "Claire Bear" - we couldn't resist!) to come in the mail! I'm on modified bedrest for now - so this will brighten my days over the next week or so!

Now for my question - I'm going to get 2 dozen newborn, and 2 dozen infant prefolds, and will have some AIOs and pockets, as well as fitteds and covers.  Did you all end up with WAY more than the 24-36 recommended newborn diapers when you combined all the different types? I think I want prefolds during the day, but I'd like to try fitteds and AIOs/Pockets for easier nighttime changes, as well as for my hubby, and my mother.  What are your opinions? Should I get 3 dozen of each size prefold anyways?  I don't know if I'll have 12 of the fitteds/AIOs/pockets or not - so far I've bought 5 for newborn (2 fitted, 3 AIO, 1 pocket), and 6 smalls (2 fitted, 2 AIO, 2 pocket), and haven't had my baby shower yet.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml