Cloth Diapering

Babysitter refuses to use CDs

I mostly work from home, but I have to go into the office two days a week, so we have a babysitter come on those days. She is very kind and experienced and I trust her with my daughter, but she absolutely refuses to use cloth diapers.

We mostly use fitteds and covers, but I bought half a dozen BG 3.0 AIOs when they were on sale specifically so that the babysitter would not have to deal with anything too tricky. Still, whenever I come home, DD is in sposies and often in different clothes because any time she poops in a disposable, there is a 50/50 chance of blowout.

I've talked to the babysitter, but it hasn't helped. She is about the same age as my mom and is very firm in the belief that disposables were a huge advance. She tells me that CDs will give my baby rashes and make her legs deformed. For the record, she has never had a diaper rash and her legs are just fine.

Has anyone else encountered this situation with an in-home caregiver? Is it even worth fighting about, or should I just resign myself to the fact that DD will be in disposables two days every week?