Cloth Diapering

another 'I hate disposables' post

I babysat my nephew all day yesterday.  While SIL thinks our CDs are very cute, her son wears pampers.  With the chemicals and the way they feel, how thin they are and the leaks...I just felt gross changing him.  Which is so weird because people who know nothing about CDs think they are gross but I *almost* never feel icky with DS's dipes unless it is a massive poop that has his signature stink to it. 

I also haven't used a disposable wipe in months and those things are gross too!  I felt like I had to use two at time so that no poop would get on my hands.  My cloth wipes are nice and thick and I rarely have to use more then one.  I must have used about 20 wipes on his butt yesterday.  He also had a large (ish) poop that leaked out the sides onto his onsie so as he was screaming at me for taking too long I had to add an outfit change into the mix. 

And to top it all off, his room STUNK!  They have a diaper genie, which does NOTHING.  Anytime I went in there I felt nauceous from the smell of stinky diaper. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BFP#1 10/26/09 EDD 7/4/10 Beautiful Baby Boy born 2 weeks late 7/16/10 BFP#2 8/23/11 EDD 5/11/12 Natural Miscarriage @ 6 weeks BFP#3 5/22/12 EDD 2/10/13 Stick Baby!