Cloth Diapering

Desperate help for bizarre rash!

I'm kind of at my wit's end and am hoping that some of you can help! We started using cloth in May and my son developed a rash within the first couple of weeks.  It's a dry, bright red, itchy rash where the waist of his diaper rubs.  We've tried so many things to get rid of this and are about to give up on cloth. We've changed detergents from Planet, to RNG, to Tide F&C, to Econuts and even played around with the amount of detergent we used. We stopped using Bac-Out, and I make sure to rinse like 6 times before taking them out of the wash. We suspected it was yeast, but I even put them in a steam cycle in the washing machine and it didn't help.  We have  a front loader HE machine and my baby has SUPER sensitive, eczema prone skin.  We have a variety of diapers: prefolds, hemp, goodmama, Bum Genius, Thirsties and it happens with all of them.  The dermatologist said it was some type of "dermatitis" and gave us some cream to put on it, but I think it's potent stuff and I don't want to just treat the symptoms. I want to get rid of the rash all together. i have no idea what to do! Does anyone have any suggestions? TIA!