Cloth Diapering

Thirsties FF duo review

I know this was asked a while back so I thought I'd post a review. I'll add it to the spreadsheet later. In the interest of full disclosure I was comp'd one by Thirsties but I'd still tell you if I hated it.

Overall, I'm pretty darn happy with it. I love the new flap design. It allows for much faster drying than the old style and makes it so you can easily add a doubler. Most one piece flap fitteds have the flap connected on either end of the diaper. The duos are different. Imagine the body of a fitted. The lay the flap inside then sew along the sides of the flap in the middle of the diaper. That's what it's like. I was comp'd a Thirsties hemp doubler. I can easily stuff it between the flap and body of the fitted. Part of why I like this design is because the flap never gets pushed off to the side when I'm diapering Ds. He moves constantly so with my other fitteds I have to diaper him then try to shove the flap back in place after it's on.

I think the new design is more absorbent than the old design. The flap allows for the rise snaps to work well without adding much bulk. I can use it without a hemp insert but I like to throw the hemp in there just in case (for reference all of my pockets are stuffed with 2-3 large hemp inserts but I could get away with using 1 very thick insert or 2 regulars).

The rise is actually quite generous on the 2's. Ds is far too tall for GMs and most other OS diapers. There's not a ton of room to grow but I imagine they'd fit to PT for most kids. I love the fit of the duos just like I loved the fit of their old sized fitteds. The inside is nice and soft. I don't imagine it will sherpa anytime soon.

If you've got a particularly heavy wetter it would be easy to shove 2 hemp inserts in there and it wouldn't too bulky. I imagine there's still a gap between the sizes. I have snaps so not sure how the aplix would work.