Cloth Diapering

New to this board, with a couple questions!

Hi!

I am a native of the PgAL board, and am at the stage of my current pregnancy where it's time to get going on picking some things out...I don't think I can put it off any longer!

DH and I are very committed to CD but initially found all the options a little overwhelming.  I have since done a lot of research including lurking on this board, going to Jillians Drawers etc and think I have a game plan, but had a couple lingering logistical questions.

1.  Availability of disposable liners - I will be EBF so I realize liners won't work well for awhile until the poop turns more solid, but when the time comes, are there stores that carry them or do you have to order online?  I haven't seen anything in the stores around me...

2.  When my mom was CD she had these simple flat white diapers that used to double as burp cloths - they were so soft I definitely want to get some of those.  Are those called chinese prefolds?  I saw some on JD and wanted to include them in my stash but wasn't sure that was the right thing.

3.  Is it weird to register on JD for all of our CD needs?  It's such a big upfront investment I'm thinking it would be helpful to get some of it for our shower if we are given one, but my DH thought it was weird to have people buy us diapers (I don't know why....)  Did any of you register on JD?

4.  Diaper pails.  Plastic seems like it would get stinky.  Do any of you use an alternative to plastic like a metal can?  Do you keep it in the bathroom or the nursery?  How do you control odors in between wash loads?

Thanks for any advice you can offer ladies, and I hope you all have a great weekend!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml