South Florida Babies
Options

NBR - Retirement party

We are hosting a surprise retirement party for my MIL next weekend and want to make it extra special for her, but we are stumped for ideas.  We have about 100 people attending.  Paella will be served.  We are going to buy appetizers from Costco and order her a cake.  

1) We have a photo of her with her work friends which we are going to enlarge and frame with a large matte so people can sign and send her messages.

2) I want to do some sort of "roasting" but don't know exactly what/how.

3) I also thought of creating a "retirement care package" and gifting it to her in front of everyone, but not sure what can be included... she LOVES to sleep, so a pillow is a must, but no other ideas.

I'm going to Party City this week also to buy some cute decorations.  Any ideas for centerpieces?  SIL and I were thinking simple vase with flowers?  That should be fine, right?

I know I'm super stressing over this, but MIL is an amazing person, and this is the perfect opportunity to show her how much we appreciate her!

Thanks. 

-- Jackie
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers