Baby Showers
Options

WWYD?

MIL offered to throw a shower in her hometown.  I was surprised because she hasn't shown any interest in the baby so far, but I was grateful.  When I asked if she had any dates in mind she said it would be spring break.  I told her right away that spring break was an awful time for DH and I.  We have 2 weddings, one of which he is in, another shower being held here where we live, and a maternity photo shoot planned all in that week.  I'd rather not have to travel 4 hours each way on top of all the other plans. MIL got upset and said it WOULD be over spring break because that time worked best for her daughter (who I can't stand).  I'm very grateful that she wants to throw a shower.  I even understand the timing working better for SIL. It just really doesn't work for DH and myself.  Since then we haven't heard anything else about it.  DH is worried she'll go ahead and schedule over that week and let us know the week before, then be very offended that we can't make it.  How would you handle it?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml