TTC after 35
Options

today's update (Warning: TMI m/c details enclosed)

I know this maybe belongs on the m/c board but I really feel more comfortable over here; I do indeed seem to be having a m/c but I've been on that board before and I just can't deal with all the sadness over there again, at least not right now.  I'd rather tell you folks what's happening, especially since some of you have been following along anyway.  So, please stop reading now if you do not want to read about physical stuff having to do with m/c.

Last night: a little red blood each time I urinated, just enough to tinge the toilet bowl water, not just when I wiped.  No cramps after sometime in the late afternoon.  I was afraid to go to sleep b/c I read about people having horrible m/c cramping, and DH couldn't get here until tonight (I'm waiting for him now).  So he and I left our iphones on speaker all night so that he was "here" with me, which allowed me to get calm enough to sleep (except for the one time I got up to use the toilet, with more blood like that described above).  Other than an acupuncture appointment which was very good (though the needles hurt at first, she said probably because of my hormones being completely out of whack) and totally relaxed me (I've become the world's biggest fan of acupuncture in just one week), I've been home in bed all day, sleeping etc.  A little spotting when I wiped but the red bleeding seemed to have stopped.  Just now, I finally needed to have a small bowel movement (I'm usually very regular, but think I hadn't had one yet due to the stress of all this) and in the process I also passed two gobs (that's the best way I can think of to describe/measure them) of dark brown clumpy sludge-like stuff -- blood or tissue or both, I don't know.  Still no cramps, and I think my breasts feel smaller than they did yesterday.  My new theory is that my "period" last week was actually a m/c that just happened to come when my period was due and this stuff is what's left over? And that maybe my first acupuncture session on Monday afternoon sort of "woke up" my system and made it realize it needed to keep processing?  I honestly don't know.  Anyway, I feel sad, but I also feel a little better having a better sense of what is really going on rather than the total shock and confusion of Wednesday night and yesterday.  The second beta is tomorrow morning but I think all this is enough to make me feel confident (if that's the word) in not expecting anything but bad news.

This has all been so weird and exhausting.

me - 41 (dx: DOR); DH - 53 (no problems); 7/18/09 - married!; 8/4/09 - BFP on first (real)try; 9/14/09 - missed m/c; 9/15/09 - d&c; 11/09 - 3/10 - 4 natural cycles = BFN; 4/10 - dx hyperthyroidism caused by Graves' disease; 6/10 - thyroidectomy; 7/10 - 12/10 - 1 natural and 5 medicated IUI cycles = BFN; 1/11 - new RE; dx low ovarian reserve (AMH .42; 1/26/11 -- BFP (ectopic) from IUI #6; methotrexate 2/10/11; 6/2/11 - IVF #1 = BFN; 9/12/11 - prescreening for DE; 9/15/11 - IUI #7 (unmedicated)= BFN; 11/8 - begin DE cycle (shared risk program); 12/5 - ER (5 eggs/4 mature/3 fertilized/2 left by day 5) 12/10 - ET of one 1BB blast (expanded, "fair" quality), none to freeze; 12/22 - totally shocked by +hpt; beta #1 = 413; #2 = 3952 2/14 - CVS reveals a healthy baby girl! EDD: 8/27/12 Calliope born 8/31/12, 10 lbs 10 oz and perfect in every way. BabyFruit Ticker