Special Needs
Options

It's been a week of PROMPT therapy...

and I have to say I LOVE our new SLP. She is stern yet loving. She's setting the groundwork of expectations for DS and he is responding well. We see her twice a week for an hour each time, and I have to say, DS took to her so quickly and he gets so excited when we're on our way to her. 

I was bracing myself for DS to resist the hands in the mouth approach, but he actually smiles and giggles when she does it and lets her do whatever she wants when it comes to exercises with his mouth (he has low muscle tone). She was doing the exercises for 10 straight minutes with no opposition from him whatsoever and it was only our second session. I have to say I am so optimistic and excited!!!!

DS has also been progressing well, new words he says are "No", "Again", and "Oh Wow!" which have all surfaced in the last week. I'm hesitant to say it's all been because of the new SLPs work because it's only been a week, but if he's already adding those words now I hope that with the continuation of PROMPT and the normal speech therapy (he also sees his old SLP one hour a week) and the fish oil supplements we have been giving him that he'll eventually catch up and start adding more words to his repertoire.

I have to say hearing him exclaim "Oh WOW" has been the sweetest thing in the world.

I also just bought the book "The Late Talker" and it's been like a book describing my little guy! I can't wait to finish it. It's been wonderful so far and very informative. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml