Infertility
Options

Talked To X-SIL's Sister About Adoption

My x-SIL and I were very close and since she and my brother got divorced have talked sporadically but I still feel a bond w/ her.  She put me in touch w/ her sister (who I know) b/c she adopted an infant 9 years ago, and has a bio child, and is trying to get KU again through ART or adopt.

I asked her sister a lot of general questions about adoption like international vs. domestic, wait times, how grueling the process is, emotional impacts, bonding, etc.  She was a wealth of knowledge (basic - b/c that what I need). 

I don't know what's going to happen w/ us, but I want to be informed about our options, and for me, getting to feel comfortable with the "worst case scenario" - i.e. not being able to have a bio kid (DH is against donors) makes me feel like no matter what happens, I'll have a happy ending.  The more I learn about adoption the more kind of excited I get at the idea. 

Her adopted son was a domestic adoption as an infant but his birth mother was Afghani, KU by a man who wasn't her husband, and had to give the baby up for adoption or he would have (literally) killed her.  He is a gorgeous kid and they couldn't be happier. 

TTC in 2008. Stage II/III endo, Hashimotos hypothyroid, low morph (3%).
2 cycles Clomid/Ovidrel/TI/Crinone=BFN.
IUI #1 - 4 Follistim/Ovidrel/IUI/Crinone = BFN.
IVF #1 - Antagonist w/ ICSI 4/10. 17 retrieved, 5DT of 2, BFN :(
IVF #2 - Long Lupron w/ ICSI 6/10. 15 retrieved, 3DT of 2, BFFN!!
Lap 7/21/10
IVF #3 - Clomid/Antagonist w/ ICSI 10/10. 14 retreived, 3DT of 3, BFP 10/20 but m/c. No HB 11/15/10 - D&C 11/17/10.
FET - 2 blasts, 1 survived the thaw. Transfer 2/19. Beta #1 3/1 375, Beta #2 3/3 885, Beta #3 3/8 4261, Beta #4 3/11 9005. U/S 3/8 1 sac 1 yolk, U/S 3/16 1 heartbeat 114bpm!.

James Paul born Oct. 24th 2011 via c-section at 38 weeks!

"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out."
"Courage is the first of human qualities because it is the quality which guarantees all others."

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker