Pregnant after IF

Abusive BIL Not pregnancy related but need advice.

My bil is a lunatic who went off his meds and tried to choke his 18 year old daughter and slapped the 14 year old in the face.  And no one is doing or saying anything about it.  They said well his sugar was off, he wasn't feeling well, it was a stressful day.  I believe that if you do not do anything you are just as bad as the abuser.  I am beyond angry and want to go over there and kick his myself, but dh is against this because he is worried about the baby.  So I told him that he and his other brother should go over there and threaten him.  He agreed to call his other brother and insist that they do something about this.  If anyone has any idea what I can do please let me know.  I know that in school if there were signs of the abuse or if the child told me about it, I can (and have) called the authorities.  Because I get the information 4th hand I do not think that I am able to do that in this case.  He is a tyrant who makes them suffer in the cold without putting the heat up, is nasty and belittles them constantly.  I try to keep the girls at my house as much as possible.  I try to expose them to dh, and my family so that they see that not all men are like this.  I tell them to find a man who treats them the way their uncle treats me.  I text them constantly to try to give them support and love but we live about an hour away so I do not see them regularly.  Any ideas would be so greatly appreciated.  Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml