August 2013 Moms

Changing OB's? WWYD? (Long...)

Good morning all! Here is my question: How far into your pregnancy would you change OB's/Clincs? 

I am almost 22 weeks pregnant and a FTM. This morning I went in for a routine cholesterol blood draw, and the nurse wanted to draw more blood for a qualitative HCG to test me for pregnancy. (WTF!?!)

WAYYY back when I first found out I was pregnant at about 4/5 weeks, this very clinic checked my HCG levels, and said I was most likely having a m/c becuse the level wasn't that high. (TERRIBLE bedside manner)  five increasing HCG blood draws later, they finally admitted I was pregnant.  I decided to NOT make this clinic my primary clinic, but stay with the provider, and just change clinic locations.  All has been fine, I've had 3 ultrasounds and my primary OB Dr is awesome. The only reason I even went back to this clinic, is because my primary didn't have anything available in the AM and this needed to be an AM test. Plus, it was just a 2-minute lab, nothing serious. 

This morning was slightly alarming! I have had a normal and healthy pregnancy thus far, so I'm not paranoid about anything with the pregnancy because of this,  BUT it is concerning to me the lack on information that seems to exchange hands within these clinics.  Sorta made me question giving birth/pediatric care with these same providers!!

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.... 

I know I'm probably slightly over reacting.. so I'd like others opinions on this. :)

Thank you!!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml