August 2013 Moms

Can I vent for a minute?

I will preface this by saying, I know I have so very much to be grateful for. DH and I are so excited to be parents, we are lucky we were able to get PG, stay PG (so far) that baby looks healthy (so far). 

But I miss my old brain and body.

I am not a crier. I am on the independent side. I am decisive.

Since becoming PG, I think I have cried more than I have in the last 10 years. I depend on DH so much more (which is fine with him - but sometimes bothers me). I have a much harder time making baby decisions (which crib? which color?) and it is frustrating for me. I am used to *thinking* and I feel like my emotions are taking over sometimes. I am 31 years old, this is my first PG. I just don't feel like "me". 

Also, the MS was super tough. My body just doesn't do what it used to. I can't get as much done as I want. We painted yesterday, and today it hurts to walk. I used to sleep all night, no problem. Now I wake up at 3 or 4 AM and can't get back to sleep, I just lay awake for an hour or so. I am so tired, I need more than 8 hours of sleep each night. I try to get it, but if I don't, I am tired. I used to get 6 hours of sleep and be fine. 

I know this is all just part of being PG and I do feel honored to get to carry a baby and be PG, but I miss *me*. I want myself back. Some of me is worried I won't ever feel normal again.  

"How long till my soul gets it right? Can any human being ever reach the highest light? Except for Galileo, god rest his soul, king of night vision, king of insight." ~ Indigo Girls Anniversary
When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

BFP 11/24/2012 with EDD 8/07/2013