August 2013 Moms

Cried at my gender party!!

Soooooo my husband fam as I've said before really wanted a boy and well we revealed on Saturday that we are having a little girl. Everyone came up to me and hugged and said congrats, ya know the normal thing to do. Except for 2 people....his Aunt litterally stayed on the sofa for about 10 minutes after our announcment. She had the most depressed look on her face and I was like WTF??!! This is not happening! So I ignored it but it still bothered me. I mean come on!! Then to top it off his stepfather litterally started crying! I was like wow! This is my first child so something said would be nice. Then after 45 minutes of watching them be pissed or sad or whatever they were. I finally just broke down because they made me feel like poo. Like my little girl was not gonna be good enough. So his stepfather got word that I was upset and he came and said some words and he did make me feel better. A lot better. On the other hand his aunt just never made things better. She was pretty cold and not really into the party after all of that. I don't know if I will take my baby girl over there much at all when she is born. UHHHHHHHHHHHH! Can't people just be normal??!!