August 2013 Moms

Echocardiogram

Has anyone ever had one before?

I just saw a cardiologist for the first time yesterday as recommended by the NT scan place because my mother had an aortic aneurism this past summer which required open heart surgery and it was caused by her atypical bicuspid aortic valve, which is genetic. Yesterday the doc discovered I have a slight murmur, which can totally just be caused by pregnancy but he wouldn't know for sure, so now I'm scheduled to get an echocardiogram in a couple weeks to see if my heart is normal. I've never had one before and it didn't bother me much at first ,as its mostly a precaution, but now I'm stressing over it a little.

A/S is tomorrow as well so baby's heart is getting checked out too. Oh and my birthday is Thursday. It's kind of a dramatic week for me, I think I'll need a serious nap after all the excitement and worry is over!

Anyhow, sorry for the diary post, any echo information would be greatly appreciated so I know what to expect. I'm also assuming it's safe to have done during the pregnancy as the doc wasn't concerned about it.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml