August 2013 Moms

Baby in room at hospital

In the post the other day about what STM's were doing with the other kids while they were in the hospital, I noticed quite a few talked about having their husbands go home at night and really appreciating the rest and quiet time they got in the hospital.

With my first many years ago, I was able to get so much rest at the hospital.  But with my daughter last year, she was in my room the entire time I was there.  I loved having her there and it was good for frequent BFing, but I have to be honest...I was exhausted.  I went into labor at 2:45am without having gone to sleep yet, so I hadn't slept since the night before, then I really didn't sleep in the hospital either.  I knew I would get little sleep once we got home, but I really could have used one solid night's sleep after giving birth.  But I felt too guilty to send her to the nursery.  The hospital policy is leaving the babies in the room 24/7 unless you ask for the baby to go to the nursery.

This time with twins, I will likely be having a c-section. I may not have a choice anyways if they go to NICU, but if they don't I am really worried about taking care of two in my room right after surgery. Even if I end up delivering vaginally I am worried about it. I was so tired last time that it really made my first week with the baby completely miserable, along with painful BF problems. 

Those who had c-sections...do the babies still stay in the room with you?  Those who actually rested in the hospital...was it policy for them to be in the nursery at night or did you ask them to take the babies there so you could rest?

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker