August 2013 Moms

S/O baby name board

So, I just want to AW a bit, because I am excited that we finally have a name picked out for DS.  I just have to preface this by explaining that we never did come up with a boy name we liked when pregnant with DD, and had such a hard time coming up with a name for her, that we ended up getting her name from the combination of our two names, since it was a real name (L.auren) and used my grandmother's first name (Jane) for her MN. 

I really wanted to use my grandfather's first name (he died a few years ago and we were super close) for DS, but DH had a bad association with it from childhood (father of his close friend was a major azzhole and he always thinks of him when he hears that name).  So, I left it alone, since I wouldn't want DH pushing me on a name I had a bad association with, and he agreed to let me have it as a MN.  

To top that off, our last name is S.mith, so we wanted something classic, but not so common that there will be a million others with that full name, let alone that first name, and definitely didn't want anything too YouNeek, so we still hadn't come close to finding anything we like.

Yesterday, out of the blue, DH announces he is getting over his issues with the name I like, so we get to use it, and decided to use DH's MN for DS, as it is both DH's and DH's father's MN, as well as my other grandfather's first name (both deceased), so I'm very pleased to cover so many  family members with the full name.

If you've read this far, and are still curious, DS' name will be Wa.lter Jos.eph Sm.ith. 

I like that Walter is an older, classic name, and it's definitely not used much these days (was well into the 300s in terms of current popularity), and he shouldn't get much if any flack for it (Wally is the worst I can come up with), not to mention I really love the relationship.

Not so much looking for validation, because this is the name we're definitely using, but just so excited to not only have a name, but to get the one name I really love.  So happy DH came around on his own.  It was all I could do to not start bullying him into letting me have it, LOL!

10/10: Married DH; 5/11: Dx: Blocked Fallopian Tube; 7/11: D&C/Hysteroscopy to remove polyp
IVF #1: 9/11: ER: 12R, 11M, 10F, No Frosties; 5dt: 2 blasts, 1 morula; DD born 6/3/12
IVF #2: 11/12-12/12: ER: 20R, 20M, 16F, 4 Frosties; 5dt: 3 blasts, EDD: 8/23/13
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker