1st Trimester

Measuring 2 weeks early

I just had my first OB appt for this pregnancy and the doc is a little concerned because I am measuring at 6w4d when I should 8w1d, and the heartbeat is a little slow. I know my dates are right on: based on LMP and conception (we didn't have sex after the day I ovulated).  The heartbeat was measured twice, first at 80, and then at 95.  The doc said at 6 weeks the heartbeat should be around 110 (so not so bad if I am truly 6 weeks), but at 8 weeks it should be closer to 170.  Going back in a week for another ultrasound.  Doc seemed to want to gently prepare me for the chance of a miscarriage, but over the phone said he'd give the pregnancy better than 50% chance of being healthy...perhaps a late implantation.  I have 3 healthy children who have all measured exactly on early ultrasounds, and big by week 12.  Just wondering if anyone has had this experience before and what the outcome was.  Doc said he has seen this happen and result in healthy pregnancies, so I am trying not to stress out too much :)  Why is that so hard sometimes?