1st Trimester

Is Depression normal?

Perhaps it's just the mood I am in.

For the last 8 months, everything has been changing. We moved, new jobs, new places to live (2), even a new bank account (didn't think that was a problem until I needed reimbursed for car insurance).  New car, new car insurance - everything is new. I'm newly 7 weeks pregnant. We planned that so don't freak out on me. We just closed on our house and are having to do a lot of what I call severe remodeling. (Built in the 1900's- has plaster walls so we are taking out the plaster and putting in drywall.) Its one thing after another - I feel like I just can't take any more new curve balls. Despite my severe planning/organizing nature - I feel out of control.

Is it normal to feel this way? Is it the pregnancy/mood shifts? I just want to hide. More than once I have thought about becoming a work-a-holic just to hide from my life.  I honestly don't know what it is. I miss my old life from a year ago.

I guess I'm hoping someone out there is going to tell me that this is normal with all of these constantly new changes. That the pregnancy hormones are aiding in my woes. But if they aren't - then maybe I need a counselor. Because my husband doesn't deserve this. He's trying so damn hard to make a go of things. 

Pregnancy Ticker