Pregnant after IF

Induction - Update (anti-climatic)

Well, I am home right now and no outside baby yet!  I guess LO is really a stubborn little guy refusing to come out.

I went in to the hospital yesterday evening for cervical ripening.   At 40w5d, on arrival my cervix remained thick, long and closed.  I rec'd 3 doses of oral misoprostol and had no response (cervix unchanged).  I then got increasing doses of iv pitocin throughout the day today - had some more contractions but nothing close to real labor.

LO did really well in response to the contractions, which is a huge relief.  I was given the choice of staying in the hospital and keep trying, but I asked my OB if I could just go home and come back in another day or two. She said the latter option is reasonable so I got discharged this evening.  I am to go back tomorrow evening to start the whole protocol again.  Hopefully the contractions I had today will "do something" to the cervix so when I get induced again tomorrow, things will progress!

I opted to go home because it's hard to sleep in the hospital and the bed is so uncomfortable!  I really need a good night's rest before attempting induction again! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml