July 2012 Moms

Crazy Daycare Lady...

I need to vent mostly..but am also looking for advice. I had a heck of a time finding daycare for my little girl and the last person I interviewed ended up being 'the one'. She recently started her daycare so my LO was her first child. She now has 2 more along with her 4 year old son. I had a really hard time bringing her..I cried for the first 2 weeks. I've accepted the fact I can't stay home with her even though that is my hearts desire. Anyways after the first week I began finding it odd the things the daycare lady would say to me. The most recent incident happened this morning. She was talking about my LO and then out of nowhere said 'well she is MY baby too!' And then went on to say 'I know mommy probably doesn't want to hear that.' Seriously?! I'm a little weirded out but at the same time I get that daycare providers get attached to the children they watch but really to say that to a first time mom who you know is having a hard time bringing their child to daycare? Her little boy is always in my LO's face everytime I bring her too. She has to ask him a hundred times to back off but he doesn't listen.

Am I overreacting or does this sound a bit odd?? Other things she has said was in the beginning she would tell me how she loves to snuggle with her all day and kiss her big cheeks.

I know that she is getting love which is good, I'd rather have that then someone that is going to let her sit in a swing all day. But she's starting to freak me out by the comments she makes!!

Thoughts/suggestions are greatly appreciated!! Thanks :