July 2012 Moms

Nursing strike appears to be over :)

So my LO was on a nursing strike for over 2 weeks. I tried everything the lactation consultant recommended; pumping then latching her on, hand expressing then latching on, standing/swaying, feeding only a little w/bottle then latch on, the tub, the dark, etc.

Well on Tuesday I saw a different lactation consultant who gave me a nipple shield to try. IT WORKED!!! My LO has been in daycare & getting bottles since she was 7 weeks old. I switched to the First Years Breastflow bottles and I feel that those bottles combined w/the nipple shield = nursing strike is over. She hasn't had a single bottle since we got home tonight! She's also nursing without the shield!!

However, her sleep cycle the last 2 days has been so different (she woke every hr to nurse last night) but I'll deal w/it bc I just want her to nurse! 

I know lots of you have posted about nursing strikes so keep pumping and try different things but you never know what will work with your LO. If anyone wants tips/things to try just ask.

Good Luck and thanks for being here when I was going through the last 2 weeks! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml