July 2012 Moms

I said Yes to the Dress!! (kind of long)

Sooo as some of you know we went wedding dress shopping for the first time yesterday afternoon.  It was a blast (my mom and best friend/maid of honor both made it) with them and even better was we were the only ones in the store!

In total we picked out about 8 for me to try on. We went in no particular order just how she had them hanging.  The first was very causal and more beachy and my mom hated it b/c she didnt think it was formal enough, to be honest it was a no immediately.  The 2nd...it was gorgeous and nothing like what I was thinking I would want.  It got 2 thumbs up from the peanut gallery and it was put on "the list".  Third dress was pretty but did not beat #2. Then we got to #4.  I think I picked it because it had the lace that I loved and a sweetheart neckline that I wanted but the fit was different than I had imagined I would like (fit and flare vs Aline).  Got it on and went out to check it out, stood up on the pedestal and was pleasantly surprised.  My mom and maid of honor both liked it, but said they might still like #2 better, myself, I was leaning more towards #4.  So after checking myself out in it for a few minutes, including with a veil on, we went back in to forge forward.  Tried on #5/#6 & #7...all were pretty but didn't beat the other 2 by a longshot.

So back into #2 I went.  Putting it back on sort of sealed it in my head that although I liked this one a lot, it just was making me look younger and not older as I had wanted (I already look 17 vs 25).  My mom really loved the beading on #2 and wasn't sure she was sold on #4.  Soooo back into #4 lol.  I walked back out, looked in the mirror and I was done, this was it!  I turned around, looked at them and my maid of honor could see it in my face, she was like, "I love it and you love it, I can tell"...I looked at my mom and she loved it as well (she loved both really, they were so completely different it made my decision so hard!).  Now the last issue, #2 was $200 cheaper and closer to budget than #4.  So after weighing it out and talking to my mom and the sales lady who said if we bought today they would give us 10% off..... I said YES to #4!!!

Now for the reveal! They wouldn't let us take any pics of me in it, but this is from the website (turns out it ended up being my favorite designer & we had no clue until after I said yes!!)

http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?style=J1522&page=0&pageSize=36&keywordText=&keywordType=All

All in all it made my horrid night before go away! We actually even had time to look at bridesmaids dresses while there and narrowed it down to 2 options! Afterwards we then headed out and had dinner and margarita's to celebrate!! Got home and Austin was put to bed and I got to pass out!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Wedding Countdown Ticker
My Pregnancy, Wedding, Home DIY blog!
Dating: 7.1.2008 Engaged: 11.25.11 Austin: 07.21.12 Wedding: 5.4.2013