July 2012 Moms

Am I mean?

I have a friend, who has been trying to get pregnant for over a year. She came up to me recently and said, she knew we had some problems getting pregnant after my MC. And wanted to know my secret. I told her the usual chart your period take your temperature. She said that wasnt working.
I then asked if she was taking prenatals and asked if she quit drinking. Her response was "I will quit drinking when I am pregnant". I explained that when we were trying I only drank during period and small amounts. Once agian her response was " I will quit drinking when I am pregnant". And her OB tol her to quit drinking!
This irrated the crap out of me,and I lost my temper and told her she obviously made her choice, liquor over pregnancy and I wasn't going to feel bad for her anymore. That when she quit drinking and really started trying I would lend her an ear. Of course, she got really angry. Ugh, so many people try so hard to get pregnant and give up so much of thier time,money and lifestyle; an she can't give up beer. So... My question is was I out of line? Was I too harsh?

Sorry about grammar I on my phone
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml