July 2012 Moms

Leaving on a jet plane.......but with a new destination.

You guys may or may not remember when I posted a few weeks ago that my sister announced she and her fiance were getting married out in Portland, OR and my mom (who lives in South Carolina) and I (and baby!) decided to spontaneously go? You all gave me great travel advice for surviving a 7 hour flight with LO......well......

The wedding's off. They were going to do a Justice of the Peace deal this Friday, yadda yadda.  Well, he's been struggling with alcohol addiction problems for the past few years and last week he fell off the wagon....hard.  He went to rehab.  Sister decided that our mom and I and Jackson should still come.  Until last night.  He's home from rehab today annnnnd she "doesn't think it's a good idea for us to come." 

So, hotel and rental car cancelled. Airline ticket credited.  Being the spontaneous person I am I said to my mom, why don't Jackson and I come to South Carolina instead! Sooo.......we're leaving Wednesday!! Much shorter trip, but I've still been running around like  a chicken w/ my head cut off all day.  My mom already had a Rock N Play sent to Oregon for when we got there so she's going to Target today to try to get ANOTHER one...hahahaha! 

Anyway...insanity, huh? My heart is absolutely breaking for my sister.....but it's a long story. Kind of goes back to the fact that she shouldn't have settled for this guy in the first place.  I honestly hope that she moves on.  She wants a baby more than anything, so I also feel like going out there with Jackson would have hurt her in a way.  

okay, sorry for the ramble....Thanks again for the travel advice.  I'm kind of glad it's a shorter flight....I've been having anxiety about it for a month.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml