Pregnant after IF

I need some baby shower advice

Hi ladies.

So my mom is going to throw me a baby shower, which is obviously very nice of her!

However, like so many other things its proving to be a little difficult.

My DH comes from a big family (one of 5 kids all who have had children already.) So right out of the gate you have 9 people when you factor in his sisters and nieces. After discussions with my mom we had determined that this would be her shower and if my mother in law wanted to celebrate with her family and friends she would have to do her own shower. Sadly this is because my MIL is notorious for not paying the bill and my mom doesn't have the budget to pay for the entire thing.

Anywho my mom doesn't want more than 30 people at my shower and when you take into account that dh's family accounts for a third of that it gets really difficult.

I don't mean to sound like a brat but my sister in laws can never be bothered with me and it really upsets me to think that I can't have all of my friends (both close friends and close family friends) because of the limited guest list. My relationship with them is a constant beat down and i cant believe once again their presence will cost me. My sisters advice was to not invite my friends that don't live locally, we'll the truth of that matter is that my closest friends are my college friends who don't live around here but do live close enough that they would most likely make the trip. 

So I need some insight. Anything you would do if you were in my situation? How many people were at your shower? ( or will be when you have it)?

Appreciate any advice. I hope this post doesn't make me sound ungrateful because that is not the case, more like just totally fed up with my in laws and their ability to always complicate things. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml