July 2012 Moms

Annoying coworker vent, NBR

I usually leave work at 4:30pm on the dot. I'm salary and do not get paid over time. Even if I did get over time, I'm not going to go out of my way for a company who tried to change the maternity policy when I was 7 months pregnant and deny me maternity pay. Anyway, I stay a half hour late 2 days a week because I take a long lunch to go to the gym. At 5pm on Tuesday, as I'm walking out the door, this completely obnoxious coworker who sits next to me and distracts me all day every day with her nonstop bitching, says "Hey can you review something with me?" Nothing is ever quick with this girl. She is one of those people who can turn a yes/no response into a 15 minute discussion. So, I say no. No. You cant. I'm leaving. My boss then yells "I'm leaving too!" So that she wouldnt get stuck with it either. I then felt like a jerk and stopped at her desk on my way out and said I can review with her if she makes it quick. She goes "No, I've moved on". Ok, fine. Peace out. Has not spoken to me since. This is a 33 year old woman who is late for work every single day and takes lunches 20 minutes longer than allowed, doesnt have a baby or any kids to get home to and already disrupts my work all day long. I am more than fine with her not complaining to me all day long or ruining my breaks or talking to me with her mouth full... but we do still need to communicate on workrelated issues. Like, grow up.
/rant.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml