July 2012 Moms

LO crying when picked up by "strangers"

Happy Friday everybody! I haven't been here in a long time but I'm hoping you'll still want to help me out!

For the past 2 or 3 weeks, my son starts crying as soon as someone other than DH and I picks him up. I have noticed this behavior with my Mom especially, but then again she's the "stranger" we see most and she loves Theo so much, she would hold him 24/7 if I let her.

What usually happens is the following I'll get to my parents house, nurse LO if he's hungry, then my mom invariably wants to hold him... And 95 of the time, said LO starts crying within seconds, and will keep crying until put down in his bouncy seat, or if I take him back from my mom. The first few times I didn't think much of it, but now I'm starting to wonder what's going on. I feel bad for my mom because she really wants to soothe him when he starts crying, but it only seems to make things worse. If I take him back, she thinks I'm compounding the issue.

As anybody gone through this? Why do you think LO is crying so much, when he's usually such a happy baby at home, with mom and dad? Am I spoiling him by taking him back when he starts crying?

So confused...
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml