July 2012 Moms

You've got to be kidding me! vent

So, I have lost all faith in the Navy currently. If anyone is briefed in Navy news, you know that the USS Montpelier a nuclear sub and the USS San Jacinto a Navy cruiser had a um, fender bender in the Atlantic over the weekend. The sub was coming up to para scope level and collided with the cruiser. All bodies are OK. My bone to pick though, is DH is on the Montpelier. They told everyone that the next of kin was notified. Then why didn't I get a call? I was with him when he listed me as next of kin, and even if I wasn't on there, his parents ere before me, and they didn't get a call either. Do they not realize how worried I would have been if I would have heard about it before I got a very unexpected call from DH last night? Talk about unnecessary worry. So now I'm worried about "If he goes on deployment and something happens, will I get told?" Ugh. Needless to say, they are in Georgia right now, and so LO and I will be making that trek when he tells me to. Yay for getting to see old friends again, but so not the way I wanted to see them!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml