July 2012 Moms

GRRRRRR!!!! Oh, and hi ladies!!

Hey all!  So I've been MIA for a bit due to work and baby but I just have to come here to vent!  So I'm a Medical Assistant at a Dermatology clinic and my hours have always been 4 ten hour shifts Monday through Thursday when my doctor is working.  Well, I was asked to come talk to my boss on Weds and we went over how things were going since I've been back from maternity leave.  Everything was good however there has apparently (first time I've heard anything about it) been an overload of calls from my doctor's patients on Fridays making Fridays very difficult for everyone.  I am doing everything right on my part and making sure prescriptions get sent off and patients are contacted but my doctor has a problem of not contacting patients that he says he will and forgets to tell me about it.  Well, if it wasn't already enough being away from baby 4 days a week for about 12 hours a day, they are now asking that I come in on Fridays for a half shift to take the calls.  I broke down in tears!  I know it doesn't seem like much but for me it is.  I feel like I'm already missing out on so much not being here with her and I feel lost on the weekends sometimes when SO will say "oh this is what works" when I had it down pat and had a way that "worked" for LO and I.  We are communicating as much as we can but now I'm scared that if I say no to Fridays and they lessen my hours to 36 hours so they can hire help on Fridays (which we've been begging for FOREVER!), that my job may be in jeopardy.  Sorry if this is kind of rambly and doesn't make much sense I just need to get it out.  So, I spoke with my doctor and he thinks it's unfair as does everyone else, but they don't have a say in it.  So now, it looks like I will be working 5 days a week. I know it's great to make sure I get my 40 hours and all, but, I'm still just so frustrated and sad that I have to leave an extra morning and be away from her that much longer.  Anyhoo, I hope everyone is doing well!  Sorry so long!  I have missed my bump ladies!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml