July 2012 Moms

Babywise-ers come in

Sorry, another Babywise question. This is the only book I actually purchased because it was suggested by so many people. I started immediately trying the feed-wake-sleep cycle. The rotation has worked fine, however, my LO does not always (in fact rarely) naps for 1.5-2 hrs. I worked really hard to make sure he was getting full feedings and recently when he wakes up he doesn't act hungry so I don't think that is the problem. He usually takes 2- 45 min- 1.25 hr naps in the morning and after that who knows. Sometimes his afternoon nap is 30 min and sometimes 2-2.5 hrs. Then I work really hard to get him to take an evening nap before bedtime, but it's rarely more than 1 hr. I was still managing to maintain the cycle and keep the 1st and last feedings of the day consistent until he dropped one of his MOTN feedings. Instead of a predictable 1 and 4 am feeding the MOTN feeding time was all over the place.This then threw off the time of his first feed of the day which was usually at 7 because sometimes he would wake ready to eat anywhere between 5:30-7. It was like he halfway dropped the MOTN feeding. Anyways, for those that have been successful with Babywise and now have babies sleeping at least 8 hrs (my LO is 12 weeks though so should be sleeping 10-12 hrs according to the book and is only sleeping 4-6 in one stretch), how did you keep your LO on schedule? Do they always nap 1.5-2 hrs?

Thanks for any advice. I really want to make this work. I'm so jealous of the STTNers!