Pregnant after IF

Thought we were losing our twins...

I got home late afternoon yesterday and hopped in the shower, then out of nowhere I began bleeding bright red blood...alot of it.

I ran to grab my cell phone to get in touch with my doctor before they closed and she told me to go immediatley to the ER. As I waited for my husband to rush home, I just kept repeating "please no, oh my god, no".

As we drove through traffic to get to the hospital, we were both very quiet. I had read that women bleed during pregnancy, but THIS much blood with two babies at 9 weeks can not be good. I thought about everything we had been through the past two years, our ages, how badly we wanted these babies, and what I would do if the unthinkable was happening....it was a dark moment.

After five hours and a number of tests including a sono and ultrasound, the ER doctor, who had been in close contact with my doctor, concluded that the babies looked good, and the threatened miscarriage was due to a hormone imbalance. My OB was annoyed to learn that my RE had taken me off the progesterone at 8 weeks when I was released. They put me on an oral progesterone right away.

My heart goes out to anyone who has experienced this. That is some seriously scary sh*t!  I was so traumatized last night I just stared at the ceiling until about 4AM. We are not out of the woods yet, but both babies looked good and I see my OB tomorrow. We are so grateful of the outcome.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml