July 2012 Moms

Chicken pox pedi vent

We got a call this past Sunday evening that there are confirmed cases of chicken pox at our church. We heard from a doc in the congregation that our pedi might want to go ahead and give LO the vaccine because it could lessen the severity if she had caught the virus. When we called, our pedi said they wouldn't do that and to wait and see.
Now baby girl has a few angry red bumps and a flat red rash all over her back. Every time I look at her I swear she has more. She's been sleepy and has been randomly shrieking and crying all day. I'm guessing she's got chicken pox.
I called the pedi this afternoon and was told by the receptionist to leave a message for the nurse to see what they want me to do. They haven't returned my call. So I called again to try to make a sick appointment...they told me they only make sick appointments the day of, so I need to call at 8:30 tomorrow morning if I want her to be seen. Are you kidding me?
I'm taking her in tomorrow but does anyone know some home remedies to ease the itch that are safe for infants? I hate seeing her so miserable.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml