Pregnant after IF

Bile Acid bloodwork and cholestasis worry...

Hi Ladies,

I don't know if any of you have any knowledge of this but Dr. Google is scaring me so I need to get off that train.

So, I've been having regular itching on my stomach, boobs, and back - sometimes other random places also. I've talked to my MFM about it a couple of times and he said just to let them know if it goes below the waist, and to use hydrocortisone cream. That helped, my rash went away, but the itchies still are here pretty regularly. I can ignore them but they are present.

So a couple days ago I brought it up to my MFM again and he said that we should test my Bile Acid Serum levels just to rule out cholestasis which is scary and painful, a liver complication in pregnancy that makes you itch and can create problems with the babies at the end of the pregnancy. It is more common with twins and sometimes IVF procedures (not sure why).

So I got my bile acids back and they are at 10.4. They are supposed to be under 10. He didn't seem to be worried, since he had never seen them just slightly elevated and usually they are much higher with cholestasis (which appears in the third trimester), and at least over 11  but just told me to go back in 2 weeks for bloodwork and check again. Now I am worried that I am in the very beginning stages of this complication. It is stressing me out. I don't have anything to do but wait.

Does anyone have any experience with anything like this? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml