Pregnant after IF

upset over name

DH and I were talking a little about names before we found out the sexes of the babies, but nothing concrete. we both had a boys name and a girls name that we really liked, and the good news is now that we're having one of each, we can use all of the names (first and middle) and they go together really well.

long story short, we haven't told a whole ton of people the names just because we really don't want anyone's opinions. but i ended up telling my mom and dad because we're really close. my mom says to me this morning "we really love the boys name but we can't like the girls name. it's just not good." and for some stupid reason its so upsetting to me. like wtf - we didn't pick any off the wall names or anything crazy. they're pretty standard names but still unique enough for our taste. it's just bothering me...and i basically told her that's exactly why i didn't want to tell anyone. i know a bunch of people are going to respond and say "don't worry about what your parents say" or "who cares as long as you like them." but now i'm pissed because i feel like she has me second guessing the names. and the girls name is DH's favorite. ugh i am so irritate and disappointed. thanks for listening to me vent.

TTC #1 Since January 2011 Dx: PCOS and Anovulatory April 2012 BFP! Beta 1 5/22 - 1,000+ Beta 2 5/24 - 3,009 1st u/s 6/5 - TWINS!!! A/S Reveals we are Team PURPLE!!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image