1st Trimester

Just want to clear a few points about socializing your child

I noticed a lot of people feel daycare is good option for their child, because of what they learn and that they are socialized.  I just want to clear up a few SAH myths....

First of all yes, if your child is in daycare they will be socialized with other children and learn a lot.

However, they will get that if you are a SAH mom that chooses that for your child as well.

I SAH and we are part of 2 play groups we see every week.  We frequent different parks weekly, we attend music/soccer/art classes outside of the home, zoo memberships etc... Children do not technically socialize with eachother until 2-3years old.  Until then, they play along side eachother.  That is not to say they shouldn't learn to be with other children, but it is not the most important thing in the early years.  Also, we are around children of all different ages too.  Out of 15 SAHM friends/cohorts all of our around 3 year olds know their ABC's, numbers, shapes, some colors, animals and more.. 

I do agree around 3, that pre-school is a good idea to get them use to the classroom setting and it will also allow them to catch up for anything you may not have taught them before that.  They will learn peer relationships etc..

There are great reasons to send your children to daycare and they will thrive and do well there.  However, if you do want to stay home or decide to, do not feel like your child will be missing out on anything.  They all even out in kindergarten : )

Natural M/c 12/13/08 at 8w5d

< Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker