1st Trimester

Question regarding getting pregnant while on BC Pills

Hello -- I'm mostly a lurker here and when I was pregnant with my son was on my BMB more than anything.... but I'm hoping someone here might have some insight

So I am on BC Pills, as we are definitely not ready to add to our family again for a good few years, and these are the same pills I was on for a couple years before I got pregnant with my son. (Was NOT on them when I actually conceived).

I am not at all trying to make this a "OMG Am I preggers?!" post, so if it comes across that way I'm sorry, I know only a test can tell me...but my question is, if any of you got pregnant while on the pill, around what point in your pill pack did you or (or if you're just more knowledgeable than me) COULD you start feeling the symptoms and test positive.  Anytime? Or do you need to miss your "period" that's not really a period?

I'm a little puzzled because I've only been into my new pack for a week (so my "period" ended last thursday), yet I'm getting some cramping off and on and the more curious symptom that's developed over the past couple days is sore nipples.  I'm pretty sure I had similar symptoms when I got pregnant with my son, so it's kind of making me raise my eyebrow (or maybe I'm paranoid).  But then again, I know how small the chances are so I'm writing it off and in denial.... and also wondering if it's even POSSIBLE since it was just a week ago that I stopped having the breakthrough bleed.  But then my paranoid side is like, well, maybe it was spotting and I still could have been pregnant back then?!?!? (Jeez, I feel silly)...

I will say that the last bleed was significantly lighter than the previous months, but I just saw that as my body regulating itself on the pills again (because when I was on these pills before, my period was practically non-existant)....so I just figured my body must FINALLY be back to itself after having my son.

So the main thing -- since I know youre not even supposed to ovulate on the pill, if the pill fails that pretty much means you could ovulate at any time right?? I would assume so? and therefore, you wouldnt have to necessarily wait for your "missed period" to test? Or am I wrong about this?

It's a longshot, but figured maybe someone out there might know.. I feel kind of silly running out to get a stick to pee on....unless there's a real compelling reason to.  So I guess that's what I'm looking for.

TIA! :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml