1st Trimester

Can anyone help me understand my 6.5 and 8.5 week ultrasound pictures?

Hi everyone,

I was in such a rush at my last ultrasound appointment that I completely didn't even notice this, and my next appointment isn't for another month... 

In my 6 week ultrasound, the baby looks like he/she is on the bottom right of the picture, with the head on the left side.  And then on my 8.5 week ultrasound, it looks like the baby flipped around and the head is on the right side.  Does anyone know if that can happen (or maybe the ultrasound took the pictures from a different perspectice)?  Both ultrasounds were transvaginal, but the black area in the 6.5 week one looks like an upside-down kidney bean, and the 8.5 week one looks right side up to me.  I'm guessing that's the uterus, but I'm unsure.

Also, does anyone know how to locate the umbilical cord, placenta, etc?  All i really see are some blobs of white.  Lol!  Thanks in advance to anyone who can help - I'm completely new at this and have no clue what I'm looking at:)  That, and am completely amazed at how much things can change in only 2 weeks.

6.5 week:

8.5 week: