1st Trimester

Newbie question: How soon did/will you spread the news?

I found out on Saturday that I'm pregnant with our first baby! By all the math, I should be about 5 weeks or so now. We don't have the first doctor's appointment for 3 more weeks when I'm 8 weeks along.

We are going out of town to see my family this weekend, and I really want to tell my mom and dad the news. As of now, I've only told my boss and one coworker. I told them because I'm not going to be lifting heavy things at work anymore and I'm taking an extra break each day.

Iknow it's personal to everyone, but do you think it's too early to tell my parents? I really feel like I need my mom right now, especially if something awful happens and I lose it. I want her support whether something bad happens or not. I've never been pregnant before, and I want it to be something I share with my mom. If we don't tell them this weekend, it will be another month before we see them in  person to tell them. I don't want to wait that long.

Thoughts?

My Ovulation Chart image BFP #1 8/25/12 EDD 4/28/13 Blighted Ovum, D&C 9/20/12 at 8w6d. I'll always remember the first one. My baby Grace. BFP #2 12/26/12 EDD 9/5/13 Come on, rainbow baby!